Sunday 1 September 2013

Cool reptiles on Finsbury Estate

I've been a reptile fan for some time and have the gumption to say I've caught and picked up very many of our reptiles, including Anchietes Dwarf Python and Angola File Snake. In the short time I've been at Finsbury I've added some power sightings to my list. These photos include two very different colour forms of a Berg Adder (hopefully updates will be forthcoming) and a very fortuitous sighting of a Beyer's Long-tailed Seps with the Moore family on a 4 peaks hike. The last is a photo of a Large-scaled Grass Lizard encountered on a recent hike with Rob to the Haartebees Vlakte. The latter two are legless (or almost at least) lizards. None of them common sightings, according to the limited research I have conducted. Exciting stuff! Finsbury keeps on delivering!



No comments:

Post a Comment